Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birthday Birthday Birthday!

So, I seriously had a super awesome birthday!  Not only had I been getting birthday presents like 3 weeks in advance (which isn't really the best part of a birthday, but it's in the top two), but I've met some pretty amazing people who made it amazing. If you're a girl, turning 19 doesn't really mean much because you can't go on a mission then.  I mean, I guess you could look at it as it's a little less weird if you get married because you're not 18... but it's still weird to me.  So I wasn't like super excited for this birthday, because honestly, nothing cool happens!

I started my day off with a large bowl of Hannah Montana cereal!  It was whole grain secret-identity cereal, so I couldn't resist getting it!  How can you have a bad day if you start it out with that kind of super-awesomeness!?


So, for my birthday I requested that Tessie learn the song Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson on guitar and play it for me.  Well, Jennie sang while Tessie played, AND they made me banana pancakes to eat while being serenaded.  Then they surprised me with playing the song from Juno, but putting their own words to it.  The put the lyrics on a page with a picture of me and Milo Ventimiglia, who is Peter Petrelli from Heroes and is seriously going to be my husband someday.  The song has a bunch of inside jokes in it, but it's wicked awesome, so I'm going to share it:

This is a song that we wrote for you
we hope you really enjoy it too
we didn't write for anyone else, 'cause nobody's chill
like you

You're part-time demon and a full-time friend
you like to bang Tessie on the floor or den
don't see what anyone can see in anyone else,
but you

What can you do when you turn 19?
For Amber you just get really really mean
don't see what anyone can see in anyone else,
but you

Make today special for someone like you
your Happy Birthday wishes we hope come true
A happy happy birthday to Amber and nobody else,
but you.

How nice is that!?
(and to explain the "bang Tessie on the floor" part, one time we put the couches all together so there was a hole in the middle, and Tessie was laying over it, but she fell through and I was in the room.  Lisa heard a "BANG" and asked what happened and Tessie just yelled, "Amber banged me on the floor.  So get your mind out of the gutter!)


So these are our shirts we made on Monday for FHE!  Turned out wicked good, huh?  Me and Jennie made hats too.  She looks hip in hers, but I look like a painter in mine.  I'm too white to look hip.  Well, we wore our hats and tie dye shirts to Red Robin!  I had never been, and we decided that when we could find a car we had to go, and what better time to go than to celebrate me!?  Tessie's Dad lives just outside of Rexburg, so we borrowed his ginormous van/bus and went to Idaho Falls!


Ohh la laaaa!  Red Robin is seriously DELICIOUS!  I don't love it more than Uno's, but it's my number 2 favorite restaurant ever!  I wicked wish there was an Uno's out here.  I miss those peanut butter cups almost as much as I miss my strawberry fruit coolattas from Dunkin Donuts.


Eliza, myself, and Hailey, looking beautimous as always!


Taking my first bite of the Red Robin experience!
Seriously.  Best thing ever!
Moral of the story: I had an amazing 19th birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for amazing birthdays...next year it's 20 days to 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i didn't even think about that! i'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R u going to blog about the birthday date? I'm eager to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber, there's this new movie coming out that you should TOTALLY check out. It's called Hannah Montana (I think I got that right). Anyways, I think you would like it.

    Sincerely, Me.

    ReplyDelete