Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One more day, ohh la laaaa!

So, this past weekend I went to visit Mudd to celebrate my birthday a little early!  "Luckily" we didn't actually end up taking any pictures, so you'll just have to imagine all the awesomeness that exists when I get to spend time with my sister.  She picked me up on Friday, which by the way was a super nice day and Hailey and Eliza took one of their couches outside to soak up the rays of the glorious sun... which was apparently against the rules... whatev!  So we got to her house and just kind of bummed around because she was feeling kind of sick.  So on Saturday, which was like 70 degrees!, we made lasagna, strawberry pie, and dinner rolls for my birthday dinner!  I made the rolls for the first time, without assistance from Mudd (mostly), and they were delish!  Then I got presents and stuff, and that was awesome.  (We'll do a "birthday presents for Amber" post later...).  Oh, my birthday dinner was at the White's, who are like Mudd's favorite people in Utah... and probably mine too!  So then we got home and played the guitar hero world tour thing, and the drums are so hard!  But I love them because they have like cymbals on them!  Even if the yellow one is the stupidest one to try and hit because... it doesn't want to be hit... lame.  So then she drove me home on Sunday, and I was surprised at how much I missed "home" (the dorms).  But it was still super lame to leave Mudd.  I feel like we didn't even really have enough time to be super awesome.
The lonely road back to Idaho.

So yesterday for FHE we made tie-dye t-shirts!  Me and Jennie went to Porter's to find the dye, and we found this box that came with a free DVD...so we OBVIOUSLY had to watch it.  Oh my gosh, so awesome.  It was this hippie lady tie-dying shirts in front of a tie-dye sheet backdrop.  Again: awesome.  

This was my favorite picture of the day.  We were just hangin' out before we started tie-dying, eating cheetos and arguing about how we should start the process.

Magical tie-dying deliciousness.

I seriously love candid pictures so much!  We were talking about if you had an extra finger where you would put it... me and Jennie were trying to decide where it would go.  Turns out I'd put mine between my thumb and pointer finger... just for fun.
Cory, one of the two boys that even comes to FHE, said that he would put it in the palm of his hand just to freak people out when he shook their hand.  Awesome.

We pretty much live in the upper lounge, and since we wanted to watch Mr. Deeds (one of my birthday presents) but me and Hailey had some homework to do, we made stadium seating so we could sit up top and do work on our computers while other folks could sit in front and not be distracted by our homework.  Well, this is the last picture in like a series of five... as I was trying to get on it felt like the couch was going to tip over backwards.  My computer was on it, and I seriously almost had a heart attack!  But no worries, baby is safe and sound.  Haha, weird!
So my birthday is tomorrow, and I don't even think we're doing anything for it.  Maybe we'll go get some custard or something.  It's really hard to do something super awesome when you don't have a car and your birthday is on a Wednesday.  I'm actually not even that worried about it, because I already got my boxes and stuff from Mudd.
I'm thinking about making a birthday crown and wearing it to all my classes though... just for fun!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday AMBER! Woohoo!
    Hope your day is super 3000 awesome!
    Wish we were there to make you wear a tiara or something!

    ReplyDelete