Monday, April 6, 2009

Three Days Left!

Yikes!  My first semester of college is almost over!
Thursday is my last day! It's so hard to believe!
Kind of makes me feel all grown up and stuff.
College was a LOT different than I thought it would be.
People (won't say any names) kept talking about "BYU-I do" and stuff,
and I was kind of expecting millions of boys to fall in love with me.
Well that was pretty false.
Not that it broke my heart or anything.  I'm actually pretty glad.
Being single isn't as lame as I had thought.
Well in high school I felt like because I was single I wasn't having the full high school experience.
Well I got cheated on in high school... that's a part of it, right?
Ew yuck.  So glad I'm not in high school anymore.
I've made friends out here who are REAL friends.
Not just people trying to keep tabs on me, and pretending to be nice to me or whatever.
I mean, yeah there's some of that, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.
I guess you could say I've done some growing up.
I make phone calls for myself when I really need stuff done.
I talk to my teachers when I have a problem.
I do my own grocery shopping.
I clean because stuff needs to be cleaned, not because my parents make me.
I do my own cooking.  Usually...

I've realized that growing up is scary.
It's kind of fun sometimes, taking the baby steps toward independence, but there's SO much responsibility!  As scary as it feels, it's kind of invigorating at the same time!  It's still weird sometimes that people kind of treat me like an adult and not like the youngest Chaston.

Oh, side note.
Can I just say how awesome it is that no one out here knows what it means to be a Chaston?
Seriously.  No one automatically assumes that I can play piano because my Mom does.
No one even knows my Mom PLAYS piano.
No one expects me to go to every single church activity or function because that's what the Chastons do.  I usually go anyway, but heck, a habit's a habit.  (Unfortunately complaining about going is also a nasty little habit.)

So my thoughts are kind of jumpy.
Whatevs.
It's just... I don't even know how to feel right now.
I kind of thought finishing my first semester would feel like some big monumental thing.
Like, "Oh I made it!"
But really, it just feels like another week.  With lots of tests.
I'm excited for next semester.  I kind of know what to expect now.

Not expecting boys to fall all over me.
Not expecting my classes to be the hardest things in the universe.
(Maybe that one's bad... but I'm really not at all)
Not expecting every day to be a party.
Not expecting every day to be a nerd fest.

Expecting to have a lot more fun. (Mostly because it will be WARM outside).
Expecting to do lots of awesome random things.
Expecting to do better in my classes.

Hoping to have a better attitude about a lot of things.
Hoping to love my new roommate.
(Me, Hailey, and Tessie are going to be roommates, but we have a stranger moving in.)
Hoping to be nicer to people.  Sometimes I just have a real problem with sarcasm.
Hoping to procrastinate less... like I'm doing right now with studying...

Seriously, studying? Over rated.
Notice how that word is a mixture of "student" and "dying."
Interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Am I one of the names that won't be named?!?!?!

    Glad to see that you've discovered college (and a little bit more about yourself).

    Keep on rock'n.

    ReplyDelete