Sunday, January 11, 2009

Too funny

So, this is my sandwich cutter.  It magically takes off the crust AND makes my sandwiches into dinosaurs!  I kind of wish I had an excuse to bring a bag lunch somewhere so I could bust out my dinosaur sandwiches so that everyone could be jealous of me.

Anywho, funny thing happened last night.  My roommates, our neighbors Eliza and Hayley (I think that's how you spell it) and I were all in our dorm playing Phase 10 when we heard very loud screams outside our door.  We all jumped up and ran to the door to see what was happening, and a girl who is our other neighbor had gotten engaged and apparently had just told all of her friends who were very very excited about it.
Less than a week into the semester?
For sure!
Well, she's a second semester Freshman, but STILL!  That is insane.
Oh well.

So, we basically just did homework and bummed around all day yesterday.  Around 7:30 Eliza and Hayley came over and we played Phase 10, were interrupted by an engagement, watched random youtube videos while making and eating s'mores, and then watched Hot Rod, which is probably one of my new favorite movies.
Okay, so it's pretty dumb, and a little inappropriate, but it's hilarious!
Then this morning we had them over again for breakfast!  We made French Toast, and it was delicious.
We decided it's going to be a Sunday morning tradition to make and eat breakfast together, and just switch dorms every other week.
Woo hoo!  Look at me making friends!
Who'da thunk THAT could happen, right?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a fun circle of friends already! Thanks for the update! Keep 'em coming. Oh, you could make french toast and cut them into dinosaurs after they cook! They'd be French DinoToast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engagements are pretty common (remember "BYU I DO"). I was at a dance my Freshman year and some guy proposed to a girl he met only a few weeks earlier right on the dance floor.

    And yes - those dinosaur sandwich cut-outs make me jealous (I'd bust 'em out in class all the time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With nifty gadgets like these you'll soon be the most popular and proposed to girl on campus. Just remember to say NO for at least 7-8 years. Or at least until you fall in love with a dino-sandwich lovin' man.

    ReplyDelete