Sunday, January 4, 2009

So, I'm in Idaho!  But before I talk about Idaho, here's a picture of a pot-bellied dwarf goat we saw in Hyrum, just hangin' out on the side of the road.
Well, it's not actually called that, but I decided it was a pretty good name.


So we moved me into my dorm yesterday, and I did everything but get my ID card.. which stinks that I actually have to do on my own, instead of just follow my Mom or Randy to where I need to go, and let them baby me through it.  But I think the whole point of going to college is to stop being babied.
Sometimes independence stinks.

So here I am, on my freshly-made bed, courtesy of Mudd.


The nicely decorated desk, courtesy of Mudd.

Living room, part 1.  Notice the hard, school-like chairs around the table.

Living room part 2.  I'm diggin the green and purple combo here.
Some seriously nice interior design goin' on.

Nice white kitchen, which is going to be impossible to keep clean.
That's okay, we'll do our best.

El bano

My lovely side of the room.
My actual roommate isn't here yet. I'm hoping she comes tomorrow.

Haha, my nice chocolate and coconut covered marshmellow, courtesy of my suitemate Lisa.
She's the only roommate I actually know.  I know another one's name is Tessie, but I only saw her for like 5 minutes.  She has family that lives in Rexburg, and is spending the weekend there.

And speaking of Lisa, here she is!  We met yesterday, trying to find our orientation group.  We're in 37, and have yet to actually find our group.  We doubt it even exists.  Kind of like our ward today.  We were supposed to have church in the West Ballroom of the MC (yeah.. I'm shortening the names of the buildings already.. look at this college kid go!), but the lights were off in the rooms we were supposed to be in.  So we went back to our dorm and tried again an hour later with no luck.  So we went to another building and talked to these two guys named Nick and Joe for like an hour and a half.  Joe reminded me a lot of Steve, and Nick was an RM from Southern California.  He was really funny, and I was pretty patient with Joe.  I know that he's not Steven, but he just has a lot of the same little quirks that kind of annoy me.  Anyways, so we sat in the Taylor building long enough that another ward came in, so we just did church that way.

Tomorrow we do more orientation stuff, and it's supposed to snow like 6 inches or something.  Prettyyyy exciting!  I'm already over this orientation junk though.  Just take me on a campus tour and be done with it, I say!
Classes start on Wednesday, and I can already feel myself not wanting to do schoolwork.
That's probably not a good sign...

2 comments:

  1. So Nick and Joe as in the Jonas Bros? Ha ha.
    Love the potty belly dwarf goat! I was glad to see you didn't say it was a suitemate!
    Ok so go along with orientation group 36, that way when you find 37 you'll know twice as many people!
    Nice computer on your desk! ;-) And at least your color scheme is purple and teal and not pink like in the photos online!
    Just sing as Annie sang, "I think I'm gonna like it here..."
    Keep the updates coming, it's fun to live vicariously thru you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to have TOO much fun...really. And watch out for those "funny" RMs. Luckily Danielle married me before my jokes ran out (she's heard 'em all about 5x times by now).

    ReplyDelete