Friday, January 2, 2009

Holy Moly!

I move into my dorm tomorrow!  HOLY MOLY that is crazy!
SO, I s'pose I'll update you from the plane ride.
We left wicked early in the morning, and Jon, Steph, and Tom came down to the airport with my Mom and me to drop us off.  It was really fun, minus all of us being tired from waking up at like 3, to leave by 4, to be at the airport early enough to do security by 5:45.  Supah-fun!
So we flew to JFK, and then left there at 9 for Utah!
I was sitting in the aisle seat, and my mom was sitting in the middle, and a stranger was sitting at the window.  Behind me was a Dad, next to him was a Mom, and next to her was their 9 year old son.  This information is crucial for the story I'm about to tell:
The kid was kicking the back of the guy's seat at the very beginning of the flight, and he called the flight attendant over to ask him to stop.  2/3rds of the way through the flight, the guy starts jamming his elbow into his seat, because apparently the kid was kicking his seat again.  Nobody knows how hitting his seat would make the kid stop, but it happened anyway.  So the Dad, sitting behind me, leans over me and puts his hand in the guy's face and starts screaming at him like "Don't bleepin' hit my 9-year old kid!  Are you bleepin' crazy?  I'm gunna beat your bleepin' face in!" e.t.c... (what an example to set for your kid, huh?).  Anyway, so they're fighting and yelling back and forth, so the flight attendant comes over and talks to them like they're 2-year-olds fighting over candy.  Then the guy apparently was exhausted from fighting, and put his ipod in and went to sleep.
Basically it was a pretty entertaining flight.
So I've been spending my whole week with Mudd and Randy.  Randy's been sick, but he's feeling better today so that's okay.
On Tuesday we went to Amy's (my Mom's best friend's) parents house and ate dinner with them.  I kept asking for "some butta please" and Amy's kids all LOVED it!
Then we played this game Curses, which might be the funnest game I've ever played in my life! (Yes, even better than Guitar Hero).  You have a pile of cards that tells you to do weird things like, "Show what you would do if you were being attacked by a raccoon" or "Demonstrate how you would call the police to tell them everything was being eaten by giant frogs" and stuff.  And then you have a pile of curses like "Before every turn you have to make an animal sound" or "Whenever you speak, add R's to the front of the words to talk like Scooby Doo".  If you dont' do your 'curse" when it's your turn, somebody rings the bell and says "Cursebreaker!" and if you break your curse 3 times you're out.
It was seriously hilarious!

I learned how to play Tripoly, which is like poker and hearts all in one, at Randy's parent's house, and it was SO fun!  I've discovered that i just really like to play games!

Anywho, we've done a lot of shopping for my dorm and stuff, and I'm really excited to put my new cool kitchen gadgets to use.  My new favorite thing is this sandwich cutter, that takes off the crust AND cuts your sandwich in half.  Not ONLY does it cut in in half, but it shapes each half into a dinosaur! Best investment of the whole trip I'd say.
(I'll put pictures up later... I'm having a bit of trouble finding my connection cord for my camera...)

1 comment:

  1. What a wild plane ride. Ugh! Leave it to Utah to teach you card games, ha ha! And yes "butta" is good! Can't wait to hear about the move in! The Dino sandwich cutter will be a great ice breaker!

    ReplyDelete