Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Subbin'

Today was my first day as a substitute teacher! I got a call last night and they asked me if I wanted to do a high school gym class. I didn't know if it was okay for me to do high school (because I graduated in '08 and still know people in the school), but the lady said it was... so I did it! I got dressed up in my workout gear and stood and watched kids and made sure they didn't punch each other or anything. They were actually two really good classes. The first one was a gym class, and they just kinda hung out and did a little bit of volleyball and basketball. The second was a health class, where they had to do some book work and then when everyone was finished they could go down to the gym. It was awesome. I rocked it. Some kids tried to pull some "oh we have a sub I can slack off" garbage, but I wasn't havin' any of that. I mean, really kid, I was just barely in high school, I know how all of that stuff works. Please.
Haha, just kidding! But it was fun. It was only for like 3 hours, because the teacher only does 2 classes, but hey, I'll take it!

1 comment: