Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Long Time No See...

So, what have I been up to since July 14th? A lot, but at the same time not much at all. I came home! Woop woop! Back in the wonderful, GREEN east coast. Had a few coolattas, of course. Hailey came home with me for the first week which was wicked awesome! We went to Boston, did some stuff in the area, walked down the street into Maine, went to the beach, Six Flags New England and the Joseph Smith Memorial, and then I took her home. There was SO much more that I wanted to do, but I thought about most of them right after she left. Like, we should have gone to Portland, Maine, because she's from Portland, Oregon. Whatever, it was good.

Manchester welcomed us into New Hampshire!

We actually went to the temple on our way home from our day in Boston. We went to Boston the day after we had flown in. There was a lot more we could have done there too, but we were pretty tired.

An old cemetary in Boston.
The Freedom Trail.
Hailey licked it. She said it tasted like liberty.

Benjamin Franklin!

Unfortunately those are the only pictures I have of Hailey's trip here. I lost my camera on the Tuesday we went to Six Flags, and didn't find it until the day after she left. Turns out it had fallen out of my purse in Steph's car in a weird spot. She bought a disposable camera to take pictures of the Joseph Smith Memorial, but that's about it.

So after Hailey left I bummed around for like a week and a half, might've been two weeks, until Target put me on the schedule so I could start work. It was pretty nice actually. I got to spend a lot of time with my best friend Steph, and with Taylor running around and being awesome. Had dinner at Hillary's again, which as always was amazing. We also went to the beach in the rain one day. It was the day I brought Hailey to the airport, and the first day it had rained since I'd been home. Oh, I forgot to mention that I literally brought the sunshine home with me. Then the rain gods were mad that Hailey had to leave, and it just poured. It was pretty cool. I went to Bay Idol for like 3 or 4 Thursdays in a row because Steph's brother CJ was performing in it. He's seriously so good. They pick the winner tomorrow, and if it's not him I'm going to throw rocks at everyone there. He's by FAR the best.

So I've just been working lately. Went to the beach the other day with Taylor. We bought frozen berries, Voss water (from Norway. It's supposed to be a big deal, but it tastes the same as all other water...), Ben and Jerry's, some cheese Munchies, and fruit snacks. Unhealthy picnics at the beach at night are seriously the cure to everything wrong in your life.

Delicious Target frozen berries.

So, since Hailey and Eliza (my roommates out at school) have like the best fashion sense I've ever seen, I decided that I wanted to learn to sew/have my mom sew some new clothes for me. I'm hoping to have a new and better wardrobe for when I go back to school, at a relatively low cost. So my Mom made me a vest. She bought a pattern that was a few sizes too big for me, and she spent hours adjusting and readjusting to make sure it fit me perfect. She's seriously so amazing I can't even stand it. We started making a dress for me two days ago, and it would have been done yesterday, but we found a few glitches that she's gunna fix up either today or tomorrow. Ugh. I wish I was as talented as she is. It's just gunna take work and some time, but eventually I'll get there.

The vest. Woop!

So I think that's about it. I'll start doing more exciting things and taking more pictures so I have something real cool to put on here. Little things like "Oh I worked every day this week" and "Strawberry peanut butter m&m's are delicious" don't make for the most interesting updates (although that second one is true just the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment