Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too long . . .

So, I'm finally making a new post.  The last time I tried to do this I wrote up this big long amazing thing, and my computer crapped out on me.  So this entry will not be as long, and will not be quite as awesome as the last one, but I've had quite the awesome few weeks.

I went to Mudd's for the Fourth of July, which was pretty awesome.  We ate chicken outside and played with noisemakers and little poppers and baby little fireworks for the rest of the day-- and I know you were worried about it, so I'll just tell you now: we did not forget to play guitar hero.  Yes, yes you can sit back in your chair now and relax.

Well when I got back I had a bunch of studying to do for my Spanish final, which I took on Thursday . . . and PASSED!  Oh my gosh, what a glorious glorious thing!  I was really surprised!  I didn't actually pass with flying colors or anything, but I got above a 60, which is really all I could have asked of myself.  Oh, PS I'm changing my minor to history education.  I decided that I love Spanish, but I only love it because in my brain it's associated with some pretty fantastic people, some amazingly delicious food, and the country of Spain.  I can communicate, and that's good enough for me.

Anywho, so I passed my Spanish final.  On Wednesday, me Hailey and Eliza went to Porter Park to go play (after watching Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show of course).  Well, we decided to do our own kind of yoga/interpretive dance just in a little grove of trees, and we were being awesome and stuff when Hailey decided she wanted to climb a tree.  She picked a tree that didn't have really anything to grab onto to get up.  There were some little nubs to put your feet on and stuff, but there were no low branches to help you up.  Well, she couldn't do it on one side, so she tried to do it on the other.  I told her that you could totally do it, and then proceeded to show her it was true.  Well I did it.  I got up in the tree as high as I could (which was maybe five or 6 feet above the ground), and totally won (because she had gotten up on the other side, but I had still gotten higher than she did).
Well, getting down was pretty hard, because there was essentially nothing for me to put my feet on.  I tried to put my foot on one of the little nubs, because I didn't want to just jump backwards out of the tree.  As I did this, my foot kind of slipped, and in order to not smash my face off the tree I kind of pushed myself away from the tree/jumped backwards.  Well when I landed I got the weird shock thing up both my legs and didn't really think anything of it.
The next morning was not so good.  I woke up and could barely walk.  My ankle was so sore I couldn't think about anything else (this was the day I took my Spanish final, mind you), and I called my Mom at least four times to complain about it to her.  I got the brilliant idea to show her what it looked like, so I took a picture and sent it to her.  She said I should probably get it checked out . . . so I went to the ER because no doctor's offices takes my insurance out here . . . and they said I sprained it pretty bad and gave me an air cast to wear.
So I've been wearing that since Thursday.  Luckily it's been getting really hot lately so it's not uncomfortable at all.  Not.
Friday I went on a field trip for my natural disasters class, and went to Montana for the first time in my whole life!  It was pretty awesome.  Well, I got sunburned on only half of my face because we were on the bus pretty much the whole time, and I was sitting on the sunny side.  It was the worst.  But I'm alive, so that's all that matters.

Last night for FHE we joined with another group to play ultimate frisbee, and we ended up playing capture the flag, duck duck goose, and link tag.  It was really really fun.  I liked having FHE with more than 5 other people.

I can't really think of anything else that happened.
Oh!  On Saturday we went to Big Judd's, and on the way back found an abandoned elementary school and had a photo shoot in it.  It was kind of creepy, but still pretty awesome.

I'll add more stuff as I think about it.
I have to go grab my laundry right now.
Last time I do laundry before I come home.
Oh, did I not tell you?
I'm coming home July 24th.
Which, I'll have you know is in 10 days.
One week from Friday.
Yeah, I know you're excited.
I'M EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment