Saturday, June 6, 2009

Whoops!

So I realized I didn't add any pictures!

Me and Hailey and a creepy-looking rest stop at like midnight


Natural lighting.  Yeah.  It looked really cool.  Hooray Oregon!


A little bit later after we had driven through the storm.  Pretty sunset.


The Portland Temple is my new favorite.  It's seriously SO gorgeous.  If you ever get the chance to go there, just do it.  It'll seriously take your breath away.


Me and Hailey being adorable in front of the temple.


The Original Hotcake House pancakes!  Seriously-- this place is SCRUMPTIOUS!  I don't even really like pancakes (unless they have chocolate chips) and they were seriously super good!


Touching the Pacific Ocean for the first time!  Oh my gosh, I can't even tell you how excited I was!  And the dry sand on the beach squeaks when you walk on it and it was just really cool.  Yeah.  Loved it!


Okay, there are 2 things going on in this picture.  A) This is candid.  I didn't know it was happening.  And it looks awesome.  B) Haystack Rock is behind me.  That's right-- that's where The Goonies was filmed.  AND Twilight.  But now, that doesn't seem as cool as it would have been last year.


Pretty Pacific Ocean.


The Duck Store!  Portland State University or the University of Portland (whichever one it is) is the Ducks.  So we went there so I could buy duck stuff because well, I'm a little bit obsessed with ducks.  I don't even know where it came from either.  Strange. Bery bery strange.  I bought a yellow shirt that just says "Ducks" on it, a keychain, a cup, and a duck call thing.  LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Oregon University is the Ducks: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamid=2483

    Cannon Beach: beach in Goonies and Twilight(shiver); Astoria is where you can see all the other sites from the movie

    Portland Temple was one of the temples my father worked on extensively.

    Tillamook Cheese is the best, did you get some?

    Sounds like you had a grand time, I love Oregon (lived there for 3 months).

    ReplyDelete