Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oregon!

So last week (Friday-Tuesday) I was in Oregon for Hailey's brother's graduation.  She's coming home with me, so she thought it would be cool to invite me to come to her house so I could see her homeland.  I have to tell you, I love everything about Oregon (minus the volcanoes).  It's so hilly, and SUPER green!  When you go to the beach you basically drive through a mountain, and then you're randomly on the coast!  It was warm and sunshiney, AND it's tax-free!  I thought New Hampshire was the only place like that!

So, time out for a cool story: Like an hour after we had crossed the Oregon/Idaho border, we were driving down a hill a little faster than we should have been.  We got pulled over by a sheriff's car, and he came and asked for license and registration and stuff.  He asked for my ID too!  Which had never happened to me before.  So he asked Hailey to get out of the car, and I just sat there while he talked to her.  He came back and forth between me and her like 2 more times and then asked me to get out of the car.  He said that he had asked Hailey if it was okay that he searched her car, and then had her sign a thing.  So he asked me which bags were mine so he wouldn't look through them.  He pulled a bag out of the front seat and laughed and said, "They're red goldfish!" Apparently he thought we had a big bag of ibuprofin or something in the front seat (because they were in a big plastic bag).  So he kept searching the car, and then he pulled out her backpack, and said, "I'm going to ask you a personal question.  Do you have any marijuana?" We laughed and said no.  Then he laughed and said, "Any heroin?  Cocaine? Large sums of money?" His partner, who was standing by me and Hailey said, "I bet you wish you had large sums of money."  And Hailey said, "Yeah.  I've been donating plasma to get money."  And then she showed the guy her arms (she had just given that day, and had a bruise from the time before because they messed up).  She looked kind of like a heroin junkie, but we kept saying plasma over and over again, and the guy believed us.  We told them we were from BYU-Idaho and everything too.

Moral of the story: I got drug searched.
Pahahaha!
But Oregon was really fun, and I'm really glad I got to go!
I was pulled back to reality real fast when I got home though, with four tests, an analytical essay, and a book review to write about a book I still haven't read.  I'm so grateful it's the weekend though-- I've got time to relax and... well, not worry about time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, cops in Oregon are nasty and will pull you over for anything (minute I hit Ontario - down to 65). I got pulled over one night at 1am because a headlight was out. I was driving my friends Jeep and my brother and friend just left be in the dust with the cop. The cop at one point asked me "did you know it's illegal to have studs in your tires past April 15th?" I was like "I have studes?!?!?!?" as I poke my head out of the window. How was I supposed to know about studs in tires, I was only in the state of Oregon for a few hours. Also my friend had about 50 expired "proof of insurance" cards (going back to mid-90's) and yet I couldn't find the one that was 'active'.

    So I can relate on getting pulled over by Oregon cops.

    ReplyDelete