Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yikes!

There's so much to catch up on I don't even know what to do!  This semester has been super crazy, and mostly I've just been doing a lot of homework.  There have been a few awesome excursions though.  For example:
I've finally been to Big Jud's!  And seriously, it was delicious!  I forgot to take a picture of the burger before we all dug in, but oh my gosh.  So big, and so good!  The little boys are Tessie's brothers, and they're basically adorable.  Tessie is taking the picture... so... she's not in it.  But alas!  I've been to big Jud's.

I'm also now the FHE Mom.  Yeah, crazy, I know!  I've got a lot of fun and exciting things planned (although I think I might need some exciting ideas.  I'm thinking about doing a Fun Factor with another FHE group, and I need ideas for fun little things to do)!  I'm gunna be gone for the next two Mondays though, so that kind of ruins things a little bit.  Oh well!  Yeah, I'm going to visit Mudd this weekend, and then next week I'm going to Portland, Oregon with Hailey!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I'm finally gunna see the West Coast!!

So this past Monday we had a cake decorating competition!  It was Jungle-Safari themed, and my cake totally won!  Well... no one's ACTUALLY won... but ours really did.
It was inspired by Madagascar 2.  Notice Gloria and Moto Moto in the watering hole, Melman in the dying pit, and Alex the Lion's Mom in our African Hut.  We made a banana throne, but we didn't have a monkey to put on it.  Upsetting, I know.  There's also a tiger on top of the African hut, just for fun.

And you know how practically every female in college has a quote wall?  Well, we thought that idea was super lame and unoriginal (sometimes we don't have the best of attitudes), so we decided to make a quote FISH!  Yup!  Every time you say something worthy of being placed on it, you write it down on a scale, color it, and tape it up there.  When we run out of room on the fish, we're going to make other sea creatures and make a Quote Ocean.

We don't have very many quotes yet, so it just looks like a fish with a little bit of a skin disorder, but in the upcoming weeks I feel that he will turn into a beautiful Rainbow Trout.  It looks kind of trout-ish, right?

I've also seen a lot of movies lately.  Wolverine, which I LOVED!  Seriously.  When it gets to the $3.00 theater, I'm seeing it again.  Same with 17 Again.  Oh my gosh, who knew that Zach Efron could REALLY act, huh?  Amazing.  And Ghosts of Girlfriends Past?  Eh.  If you want to see it, I'd say wait 'til you can rent it.  It was okay, but wicked predictable, and it talked about sex kind of a lot.  And STAR TREK!!!!!  Oh my gosh, can I just tell you how nerdy I feel not only that I went to see that movie, but that I was really excited about it!? And even more nerdy, I absolutely loved it!  It's way cooler than anyone thinks, and if you have prejudices about it get over them, because seriously, it's wicked worth seeing!

Other than that I really have just been doing homework.  My Spanish class is kicking my butt right now, so I've been putting a lot of extra focus on that.  Oh, and I've decided to change my major/minor from English Education with a Spanish Education minor, to English with an emphasis in creative writing, with a journalism minor.  I need to go talk to someone about that and see if they can tell me what I should do for exactly what I'm thinking of, but I think being a journalist would be pretty cool.  

Oh, and for the first time ever I studied in the library yesterday, by myself, of my own free will.  I've found that I'm a lot more productive when I'm not sitting in the kitchen being continually distracted by food.

Also, I'm really sad that I won't be home for Heidi's wedding.  Seriously, I'm so excited for her I can't even stand it!  I'm expecting a big, huge, fantastic, amazing blog about it with all the juicy deets (which are "details" for people who think I'm talking about bug repellent).

3 comments:

  1. Great update...I've been wondering what you were up to...or if school had just totally consumed you! Glad to see you got a balancing act going on! Wipeout starts on Wednesday, I'm going to see if Hillary can sit on the couch with a blown up photo of you on the pillow next to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pahaha that would be so awesome!
    please do it, and then take a picture of it!!

    ReplyDelete