Friday, January 22, 2010

Dan's Wedding/Christmas

So uh...Dan got married.
I know, I know it happened in December. December 28th to be exact.
But yeah. It happened.
This was them coming out of the thing at the Salt Lake City temple. They actually had to do this twice, because it was wicked cold out, and people were all waiting in the waiting room to be warm. I think there were like 5 of us that manned up and went outside.
I would like to note here that I was wearing two jackets at this point in time. They got married at 8:20 in the morning. So this was them around like 9 AM.

(The rest of these pictures are from Sheena. I kind of forgot to take out my camera the rest of the day. Whoops!)

The Luncheon, at noon. We had Mexican food (enchiladas or something, I don't even remember. I just ate tortillas and piled stuff on 'em. And by stuff, I mean like lettuce, green peppers, cheese, and chicken...), which was delicious. True story: we cooked all the meat in Dan's little apartment, and all of our clothes smelled like onions the whole day.
Great. I always wanted to smell like onions at a wedding. Oh well.

The reception. This was the cake room. Lots of different cakes. The reception was at like 6:30.
Yeah. This wedding was an all day event. Which was fun! (We watched GI Joe between the luncheon and the reception..awesome!)

They cut the cake! And then they ate it. Because they're married, and in love.

So, we got pretty bored. We didn't have to stand in the line, and since we are unlike our parents in the sense that we don't talk to strangers if we don't have to, we Chastons sat at a table the whole time and talked with each other. Well, that's not true. We hung out with the Wintertons and the Kanes. And Sister Perry (Steven Kapp Perry's wife... she's the sweetest woman ever!) And a Neuffer cousin! And my Uncle Dale. But I guess they're family... anyway, I hadn't seen the Wintertons since they moved the summer after 8th grade, and I was so happy to see them I almost cried. A lot of my childhood was in their house in Northwood. Chellsea didn't come with them, but seeing them both was so amazing!

Anyway, so in this picture we're interpretive dancing to "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge. It was pretty much amazing. There are a lot more pictures that Sheena took, but Johnny only put some of them on Mom's flash drive. I someday would like to see ALL the pictures, because there were some pretty phenomenal ones.
(For example: the spoons used at the luncheon looked like metal spoons, but they were plastic. Sheena found out that we could see through them, and I made Spoon Glasses out of them...like sunglasses.... basically it was awesome.)

Uh. So yes. Dan got married, and McKenna is perfect for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment