Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

As we all know, I spend most of my time at the magnificent
Since I've been home basically all I've done is work, bum around the house, and spend my Wednesday nights with Jess, Mike, and Ariane. This past week has been pretty nuts though!


Last Thursday I watched
with Brandon. (The tagline thing in the picture is in Portuguese or something, don't worry about it.) So that was real fun. We also played with his dog Cienna, who is seriously adorable, even though she bites a lot.


On Friday I got a text from Katie and she asked me if I wanted to go see Tom and his band play in the MUB at UNH. Of course I wanted to go! So I did. Turns out that Nicky went too, and completely surprised us!
Nicky, Katie, and myself. We actually have a picture almost identical to this one from the Exeter Battle of the Bands in 2008, when we went to watch Pure Decibels (Tom's band).
[[PS, they won.]]

So this is me and Tom. He looks wicked like a rock star, right? I know!

Saturday I worked in the morning. I was supposed to work from 10-4, but Adam (the Guest Services Team Lead... aka the guy in charge of the cashiers) let me go home at 1:30, which was great because it gave me time to get presentable. I went to Hibachi with the Young Single Adults, which was seriously SO much fun! I had never been to a place like that before (I have a tendency to be extremely picky, so I don't usually eat at restaurants too often), and I loved absolutely everything about it! The cook was hilarious and sang us a million different songs, and he made fun of me a little (apparently when I get real excited I turn into kind of a ditz. Oh well...), gave me a little bit of extra fried rice, and squirted me in the face with his little water bottle thing. The food was really good! I'm not adventurous so I just got chicken teriyaki, but it was delish! Then I went to the Harvest Ball, which was actually kind of a bust. I forgot how uncomfortable I get at dances, so I was pretty lame the whole time. It's ok though, it gave me an excuse to wear my giraffe dress.

Sunday we had a bunch of people over for crepes, which, as always, were delicious.

Monday I went to Planet Fitness for the first time with Hillary. It felt really really good! I should probably go more often. I didn't even start feeling sore until last night! Which was kind of weird, because usually I'll wake up the next morning completely immobile... but I don't mind!
So anyway, right after the gym I went to Garrison Hill Tower with Dan Pontoh and Taylor to take Pontoh's senior pictures. Taylor was the one who actually took them, I just went for the social opportunity and to tell Pontoh jokes to make his smile look more natural. All in all, it was a pretty good photoshoot. It helps that Pontoh has a wicked awesome camera.

This picture kind of captures our relationship. Haha, I love it!


This was one of the better ones. It looks real pensive, and awesome. There was another one that was better, but quite frankly I don't wanna go and upload it. Takes too long. (Ah, yes, the lazy blogger.)

This was another good one!

So after doing this, I spent my evening with Tom Boisse. We went down to Portsmouth and just walked around, because Monday was such a beautiful and freakishly warm day. We just walked around and talked about absolutely everything. It's really nice to know that even though we don't talk every day or see each other all the time, that he will always be my best friend. Sometimes I forget that.

Yesterday was when everything started to wind back down into normalcy. Bummed around all morning and went to work last night. I have today off, so it's lookin' like a bit more bummin' around. (My Mom'll read this and be like, "Please, I've got LOADS of work for you to do.)

For some reason work sounds real unappealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment