Friday, April 17, 2009

RIP Shoes

So, this week Mudd and I went to her friend Anna's house.  Well, what she has of a house.  Her and her husband bought an old house, and are redoing it and building onto it.  We went to help her tear down a wall and take out some insulation.  Well, we were beasts at it and totally defeated the wall.  The messy part was taking all the boards and stuff outside through the mud (it was raining) and dumping it all in the dumpster.  I wore my fave shoes- my super old ones that I've had since 7th grade that I bought for a dollar off a store that was closing in New York.  Well, they got a little dirty.  And by a little I mean a lot.
They used to be just a light tan.  Now they're brown and covered in nasty mucky muck.


Close-up of the nasty.


So, we (by that I mostly mean my sister) decided it was time to put them to rest.  Yes, my Mom tried to talk me into pitching them.  Yes, Mike and Ariane bought me a new pair of shoes for my birthday to try to ease me into getting rid of them.  But it was finally time.  So we made a movie.



I'm thinking that now is the time for a new pair of shoes.  You know, to fill the empty space in my heart where my old shoes used to be.
Or maybe it's just time for a big bowl of ice cream.
Hrmm...

1 comment:

  1. Oh how awful!!! Anna totally owes you a new pair of grubby shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete